Description of Protect Shield consequences of its residing on your PC
Protect Shield (ProtectShield) has many unwanted aspects of its functioning. Therefore there are multiple reasons to clean the infection.
The infection is commonly known as a fake antispyware of behavior that makes users annoyed due to exceeding number of popups. The program cannot be turned into quiet mode and sets frequency and schedule of its scans and notifications on case-specific basis.
Its policy of running its processes regardless of other programs leads to conflicts with legit software and, as a rule, legit software runs with errors because of the adware. The adware, being fake antivirus, benefits from this as other software errors are mentioned in its alerts and that sounds as though the adware really can see the root of the problem.
The makers of the adware are hackers that are also authors of other infections. The adware, if installed, marks the computer system as vulnerable and tries to notify remote hackers. Therefore the adware introduction is a portent as other infections are coming. Click here to run free system scan and remove Protect Shield, as well as to delete other infections reported by the scanner.
Protect Shield Technical Details:
- Full name: Protect Shield, Protect-Shield, ProtectShield
- Version: 2011
- Type: Rogue anti-spyware
- Origin:Russian federation
Signs of being infected with Protect Shield:
The rogue antispyware usually starts with a notification that does not mention its name. Instead of that, such alerts say something like that the security of computer is at risk and the solution is arriving on request of host system. This does not make sense in case of Protect Shield installation by users, no matter that the decision to get the adware is taken under pressure of misleading online ads. Therefore, where the adware is installed as a legit program should be, in agreement with users and on their request, this stage is skipped.
Once the preliminary is shown, the adware shows its general alerts and nag screen and event specific alerts. Event specific alerts correspond to certain events. There are the following alerts of this kind:
– Alerts shown after executable file launching; such alerts are shown after certain exe file is started. The same exe file launching may be followed by this alert or not according to its internal schedule. The rogue antispyware attempts to shut down the exe file and the alert states that it is infected and treatment required.
– Alerts shown during web-browsing. It is yet to be studies if the fact of browsing induces the alert or certain websites are to be visited to make this kind of alerts appear. The alert’s text varies but always refers to browsing issue, e.g. insecure web-browser.
– Errors caused by the adware may be followed by error specific alerts. For example, the adware arranges system freezes and states that the freeze has been caused by virus you need to delete with its assistance.
The above alerts are shown on the background of standard alerts and nag screens, incl. fake scan window. Get rid of Protect Shield and its intentional errors using free scanner available here.
Automatic Removal of Protect Shield from your PC:
Very few cases of the adware installation are not combined with other files you need to delete that represent even more dangerous trickeries. Click the link provided below to uninstall Protect Shield, as well as other infections, if any.
Manual Removal of Protect Shield:
Manual method for Protect Shield deletion is a sequence of steps covering its files and registry entries. Complete removal of Protect Shield is advised to clean the registry and memory, though its exe file is a main component and its deletion would terminate the adware activities.
Remove Protect Shield files and dll’s:
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\ProtectShield.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ProtectShield\
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ProtectShield\1 ProtectShield.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ProtectShield\2 Homepage.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ProtectShield\3 Uninstall.lnk
Unregister Protect Shield registry values: